Scrubbie Problems

 

Scrubbie

I have posted on Finished Friday about my problems with a big whole in the center of the type of scrubbie that I have been making. It made it look like a donut. It took me awhile to figure out what I had done, but when I found this video on You Tube through Dishcloth Corner where the scrubbie pattern was posted, and I found out that I had sewed the edge the wrong way. Here are the steps that I followed.

Scrubbie

This is what the scrubbie looked like before anything was slip stitched or sewed together. It is funny shaped, I know, but it looks fine in the end. 🙂

Scrubbie

This is what the scrubbie looked like after I slip stitched the top and bottom together.

Scrubbie

This is the wrong way to sew the sides shut. The side are not supposed to be weaved out and in.

Scrubbie

The correct way to sew it is to “stuff” the hook or needle through the edge of the scrubbie. I normally use a plastic needle because they are flexible and great for this, but I broke them all. 🙁 I really need to get some new ones.

Scrubbie

After pulling the strings, I threaded the string through the surrounding area before cutting and stuffing the string into the scrubbie. I then trimmed the string as needed once it was stuffed in.

Scrubbie

This is the finished scrubbie. I have used one of these several times, and it works great! I hope that you decide to make one!

This entry was posted in Finish Friday, Scrubbies. Bookmark the permalink.